Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Twist On Some Peanut Butter Favorites

It's a cold day here in New York City. There is some residual snow on the ground awaiting tomorrow's rain which should wash it away. Chris is in California and is preparing to board a Mexican Rivera Cruise tomorrow with his two best guy friends.  So with my boyfriend gone for two weeks with limited contact while abroad, and this seemingly never ending winter outside my door, I turn to baking.

This morning while investigating my pantry, I was delighted to discover that I had everything I needed to make Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies.  I decided to do two twists on peanut butter favorites; peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter and chocolate. If you have peanut allergies, I apologize in advance for this post!

Here is my recipe for the cookies which I filled with Raspberry Preserves and also with Nutella.

Ingredients:
Ready to go in the oven
1/2 c. butter, softened 
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour

a pinch of salt
1/2 c. peanut butter smooth
Nutella and raspberry preserves.


Recipe:
Mix sugar and butter together until smooth, add vanilla and PB, continue beating. Add flour mixture and oil slowly until a dough is formed. 

Roll into small balls in your hands and make a thumb print in the middle. Place each cookie on a cookie sheet and spoon a small amount of nutella or preserves into the thumb print.
Bake at 350* for about 15 mins.


Finished PB&J Cookies
Finished PB & Nutella Cookies

All in a morning's work!


No comments:

Post a Comment